Crooked or misaligned teeth can really bring your self-esteem down. You fear that people are constantly staring at your mouth and passing judgment on you every time you speak or smile. You really want to straighten your teeth, but now that you’re an adult, you are afraid that having a mouth full of metal will be just as – if not more – embarrassing than your crooked or misaligned teeth.
Do you just live the rest of your life unhappy with your smile to forego the embarrassment of having braces as an adult? No way! Thanks to the Invisalign, you can get the perfectly straight teeth that you have always dreamed of without having to worry about your co-workers calling you “brace face”.
What is Invisalign?
It used to be that the only option people had if they wanted to straighten their teeth was to get unsightly metal braces. Thanks to advancements in orthodontics and the invention of Invisalign, there is now a way that you can straighten your teeth without having to deal with those metal brackets and wires.
Invisalign is an alternative to traditional metal braces. They are a series of clear plastic aligners that are worn over the teeth and shift them into a straighter, more aligned position. Treatment involves being fitted with a series of aligners. You’ll wear one aligner for a specific period of time, move to a new one and wear it for a certain amount of time, and so on until your teeth are straightened and your treatment is complete.
The Benefits of Invisalign Over Traditional Braces.
Invisalign offers several advantages over traditional braces. If you’re unhappy with your unhappy with your crooked teeth, here are five reasons why you should opt for Invisalign over standard braces.
- They’re clear! First and foremost, Invisalign are clear, which makes them virtually invisible. When you opt for this orthodontic treatment, you won’t feel embarrassed by the overbearing and obtrusive metal wires and brackets that are used with traditional braces. You won’t feel embarrassed and want to hide your smile while your teeth are being straightened.
- They’re less painful. Traditional braces can be painful. Those metal brackets and wires can poke and cut the inside of your cheeks and lips, as well as your tongue. With Invisalign, you won’t have to worry about sustaining any oral injuries while your teeth are being straightened because the surface of these aligners is smooth.
- No dietary restrictions. Without standard braces, you can’t have them removed until your orthodontic treatment is completed. And, since the wires and brackets can collect dirt and debris easily and can be damaged, there are certain foods that you should avoid eating while you’re wearing braces. However, the aligners used with Invisalign can be removed when you want to eat your favorite foods, like corn on the cob, apples, nuts, and gum. The tooth aligners can be removed for up to two hours a day (however, the less you remove them, the better.)
- Better oral hygiene. Another benefit of being able to remove Invisalign aligners is better oral hygiene. With traditional braces, it can be difficult to get food, plaque, and bacteria that have accumulated underneath them out. This can lead to several oral health issues, such as bad breath and even tooth decay. When you wear Invisalign, you can pop the aligners out and brush and floss your teeth as you normally would.
- The results are easier to see. It can be hard to see the results of your teeth straightening when you’re wearing standard braces. That’s because those brackets and wires can get in the way of actually seeing your teeth. When you can’t see the progress, you might become discouraged. With Invisalign, you can easily see the progress of your treatment. Since they are clear, you can fully see your teeth, which means you can see the difference in their straightness.
- Shorter treatment time. Depending on the condition of your teeth, it can take several years for them to become straight and properly aligned with traditional braces. With Invisalign, treatment can be as short as a year, even for the most complex cases. Shorter treatment time means less cost for you. Plus, you’ll get to enjoy your new smile sooner; who wouldn’t want that?
- You’ll know what to expect. With traditional braces, treatment can be trial and error. For example, you might end up having to wear them longer than the time that was initially proposed, as the proper adjustments for your teeth may not be made throughout the process. With Invisalign, treatment is completely computerized. The aligners are designed in a way that will ensure your teeth are being adjusted just as they should, so you’ll know exactly what to expect and how long you will need to wear them.
Invisalign is the Clear Choice
Given all of the benefits that Invisalign offers over traditional braces, they are the clear choice for orthodontic treatment. If you are interested in learning more about Invisalign, give us a call to schedule an appointment today! We can give you the straight teeth that you have always longed for without having to contend with the issues that are associated with metal braces.